Sunday, May 29, 2011

I think I can't, I think I can't...

You know that feeling you get when you’re about to tackle something big, something scary, something completely outside of your comfort zone? That “I can’t do this, I can’t do this, I can’t do this” feeling? Often accompanied by hyperventilation and a frantic search for the exits?

Thing is, once you decide to follow God with abandon, to take up your cross daily, He is going to call you to some seriously terrifying things. Based on my studies of the giants of Old Testament faith I’m also willing to bet many of those calls to action will be in area’s far far outside of your comfort zone. “my power is made perfect in weakness” (2 Chorintians 12:9).

Your daily, sometimes hourly, decision to follow God means you’re different than you were before! And your abandon to Him means He can do incredible, mind blowing, life changing things both in and through you.

In recent months my God has been directing me to step out in faith in some area’s that I find absolutely terrifying. These things that He is giving me the opportunity to serve Him in would most likely not be particularly hyperventilation worthy for the average person. However, for me, terrifying. I find myself telling Him over and over and over “I can’t do this, I can’t do this, I can’t do this”. You know what He says back to me “No honey, you sure can’t”.

Woohoo and a big hallelujah!

Those may not seem like encouraging words but when Father speaks them into my soul it is the weight of the world lifting off of my shoulders. You see, I keep trying to will myself to be faithful enough, to grit my teeth hard enough, to be ‘good’ enough.

I am so thankful that our dear Father does not lose patience with my thick head. Instead, He reminds me, “my power is made perfect in weakness”. The Spirit moves within me and brings to mind the story of the earthy father who when his child’s life hung in the balance confessed to Jesus “help my unbelief” (Mark 9:24). How awesome is it that we can even ask Him to give us faith in Him! He is the author and perfector of my faith (Hebrews 1:2). Which means when I submit to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20) and He casts Satan out of my life and destroys the deceivers strong-holds I must then every minute of every day choose to FILL MYSELF WITH JESUS (Matthew 12:43-45). Not only so that I will not again be caught in Satan’s snares but also so that I can be a conduit for the power of God!

God will give you every iota of everything you need to accomplish whatever task He has prepared for you to do!

2 Peter 1:3-4 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

He will NOT abandon you

Hebrews 13:5-6 "Never will I leave you;
 never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
 What can mere mortals do to me?"

Do not try to grit your teeth and be ‘good enough’ give it all to Him and He will turn it into His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment