Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nothing


The spike that drove my son from my arms lodged itself in my body, pinning me to the ground. With every movement my heart slices itself open on the jagged wood that hacked through my chest. It sends splinters racing through my vessels, ripping and tearing everything they touch. My shredded lungs, gasp for air that does not nourish. Life spills from the wound and I lay, paralyzed, pinned. Invisible tears stream from my eyes and my arms lay useless at my sides. There is nothing.

People try to talk to me. They can’t see the spike draining my life. They can’t see the blood streaming down my sides. They don’t understand. Obviously there is air, everyone else is breathing. Obviously there is light, everyone else can see. Not for me. My eyes stare, unseeing. My mind cannot process the world.

There is nothing. 

4 comments:

  1. Their is something and that is your testimony to others on Gods miracles and existence. Remember Jodie he never gives you mote than you cant handle. Trust in him and you will see the light...your son lives through you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their is something and that is your testimony to others on Gods miracles and existence. Remember Jodie he never gives you mote than you cant handle. Trust in him and you will see the light...your son lives through you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please stop writing "He never gives you more than you can handle." This is more than we can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely more than you can handle...absolutely! Thank You Dan.

    ReplyDelete