Monday, January 16, 2012

Insecurity

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. - Philippians 1:6

I have not posted for quite some time. There are a number of reasons I have not, some of them entirely valid. I believe my silence was God initiated. In my relationship with Him it is very important that I have raw one on one time with my LORD and He drew me into on such seclusion for a time. However, recently I have felt drawn back to my keyboard only to end a writing session in frustration after only a few lines. There are so many things my Savior, my LORD has been teaching me that I have desperately wanted to share with you but I just couldn't get the words to sit right on the screen. Today He confirmed a suspicion that has been rising in my soul for a number of weeks. My continued silence is due to one thing: Insecurity.

My precious LORD and Savior has drawn me from the depths of the pit and crowned me with love and compassion (Psalm 103)! He has healed wounds I was sure were fatal. He has restored me. And today I am reminded that He is not finished with me yet. I will never me 'good enough'. He will heal every wound, even those whose roots run down to the very core of my being. So today He corrects me and though conviction is painful I rejoice because if He is correcting me He is still talking to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment