Monday, January 16, 2012

Questions...and answers

Right now the LORD has me in Jeremiah. It's a painful book to read but, as is so like Him, He is showing me His glory through even the darkest days of His children.

One of my favorite things about God is his willingness (and I believe eagerness) to teach. Maybe it's the teacher in me that loves this about Him but it's more likely that it's the eternal student!

I've long known that God is a teacher. From the moment I desperately reached for Him and He began to woo me He has always answered my questions. Often the answers are painful or slow in coming. Sometimes they are healing He speaks directlly into my soul, most often they come from His Word. I've come to expect to find answers in my study time with Him. I didn't really expect to hear Him confirm His teaching character amid the darkness of Jeremiah, however.

In chapter 2 when He is calling out to His precious chosen people who have prosituted themselves to idols He says: why didn't you ask "where is the LORD?" twice. This hit me upside the head. Part of Judah's problem was they weren't asking questions! The Spirit began to bring to mind scripture after scripture referring to questions and answers.

keep on asking, keep on seeking, keep on knocking - Luke 11:9, Matt 7:7

You should keep asking each other, 'What is the LORD's answer?' or 'What is the LORD saying?' - Jer 23:35

Seek me with all of your heart, soul and mind - Matt 22:37, Mark 12:30

We learn songs about the wise and foolish builder from childhood but our songs omit a criticle component of the story. Luke tells us that the 'wise' builder "dug down deep" and laid his foundation on rock! This is how Jesus describes those who "come to me, listen to my teaching, and then follow it". They dig!

So often we seek to omit our minds from the equation. Christians walk around with their heads down desperately trying to 'be good' and 'stay out of trouble' that they never wrestle out their own belief!

Are you free? It's a simple question.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. - Gal 5:1

God does not call you to a life of looking at your shoes. He calls you into intimate, deep, sincere relationship with Him.

A simple man believes anything but a prudent man gives thought to his steps - Prov 14:15

Do you have questions? He longs to teach you! And He already knows what they are. Bring them before Him and let Him make you stronger.

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jer. 33:3

No comments:

Post a Comment