Thursday, March 5, 2015

The one where I call some people out...

I spend a lot of time working in places like Panera... I'm pretty niche-y about where my brain works.

I hear a lot of conversations about church, god, faith... etc.

These conversations have stimulated a lot of thought and a lot of pain. I'm trying to decide if I have the courage to publish my rather extensive and, honestly, quite critical thoughts as I've been writing them for the past year or so. I haven't decided yet.

Quite frankly I don't know if I can emotionally withstand the potential backlash. Ya'll all know I'm barely holding it together as is.

But I will say this:

No one, I repeat, NO ONE wants to be your mission.

We are people.

The bereaved.

The broken.

The addicted.

The atheist.

The agnostic.

The angry.

The wounded.

The smelly.

We. Are. People.

We are not your project. We are not your obligation.

Wanna hurt someone? Make them your "mission."

Enough said.

Until next time...


1 comment: