Saturday, May 5, 2012

Crushed

Pain, there is only pain. Underneath everything, always pain. And under the pain, nothing. There is only pain.

The tidal waves crash and drag me deeper into the pain, only, always pain.

The ache is bone crushing. The longing gut wrenching… there are no words to describe the pain. Only, always, pain.

My soul aches for home, aches to be free of this earthly tent, to abide in those whispers of peace that come in His presence.

There always… home.

I want to go home.

1 comment:

  1. I hear your groans, I feel your groans sister. I want to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling and all that is pain and all that is hurt to be swallowed up by life. What I know about the groans and the burdens while in this tent the Lord knows this, he made us this way. As long as we are home in the body we are away from Lord our groans are very real. In 2 Corinthians 5:1-10 the Lord tells us we should groan because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling (5:4)

    I heard the song "O Praise Him" by David Crowder yesterday. He starts out singing...

    Turn your ear
    To heaven and hear
    The noise inside
    The sound of angels' awe
    The sound of angels' songs
    And all this for a King
    We could join and sing
    All to Christ the King

    Jodie, my beloved, I can't wait to sing praises to the Lord with our children. Someday, you and I, we will stand side by side with all of our children and sing His praises. What a glorious glorious time!


    My heart just over flows with love for you and for your family.


    Always~
    Summer

    ReplyDelete