Monday, April 23, 2012

weakness


I rage. I scream. I cry.

I’ve asked God ‘why?’ so many times the ‘W,’ ‘H,’ & ‘Y’ on my mental keyboard are certainly entirely worn off. No worries though. I know those keys by heart.

I don’t get it. I’m pissed… then I’m distraught… then I’m so overcome with desperate wounded longing that I’m nothing. I’m just gone.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me – 2 Corinthians 12: 9

We tend to try to cover our doubts and dark places as if they will somehow make God less God. My faith doesn’t make God ‘Godder’ and my dark places don’t make Him less. He is my shield not the other way around. 

2 comments:

  1. Woah...there is power in that message. Amazing breath taking power. I am writing this one down, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodie I read every blog and I'm encouraged by your writing and God's strength he has given to you through these times. The powerful working of his hands has shown through you. Please keep writing and always remember that the lord never gives u what u can't handle .. when I questioned him that is what I was told hopefully it will help u.

    ReplyDelete